Friday, January 19, 2007

Dead CAT?

Well, a very tragic but non knitting kinda story to share. Friday Jan 12 we found a cat dead in cousins drive way across the street. We had no doubt he was my daughters beloved cat. DH decided he would tell her in a few days. None of us looking forward to it at all as I am sure you can imagine.

Well, on Tuesday my FIL was out on front porch and he hears a familiar meow, meow. Do you know what happened next? Around the corner her came Tigger trotting pretty as punch right up to my FIL for a belly rub! How do you like that. Who's cat do you suppose we took care of that awful day? I don't know about you but that is the very first time I have ever wrongly identified someone else's kitty for ours. I even checked it out up close. I was so shocked!

Thankfully we had not told my DD yet! Of course, now she knows about it. I probably should have kept my mouth shut but I can't control that thing! Here is a pic of purdy kitty...Tigger.
Rather ravishing wouldn't you say?!


Here is a pic of "Buddy" the most adorable family member in the house. (Psst...Don't tell my girls I said that!!) He is one 1 1/2 yrs old. He is a Walmeriener/Australian shepherd mix. Very smart indeed. He is 6o lbs of energy!!

My too cute DD and Buddy! He is such a character. Of course, she is too!



I have to be more careful...my eyes are apparently not that trust worthy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reminded me of a similar event some years ago. A neighbour stopped in one evening - which was not unusual.
The look on his face when our cat jumped up on the screen window to be let in the house was priceless.
He thought he had struck and killed our cat earlier in the day.

He then told us quite a long story about going home to get a shovel to bury it. Then having to go home again to get another shovel - the ground was too frozen for the first one. A business phone call while he was there. Not being able to find the cat's body when he finally got back to the spot - or to where he thought was the spot.
One mishap after another.
It all worked out in the end - for us - anyway.

Happy knitting,
Janey
janeyknitting AT yahoo DOT ca